Traditionally, much general eq'ing takes place on the faders alone, but this restricts the use of the faders at each end of the scale for further precision eq work. So we provided the Opal FCS-966 with separate LF and HF contour filters which can change an overall sound balance without disturbing a detailed room or loudspeaker response.
• Constant Q Filters
• More Gain Control Per Filter
• 30 EQ filter faders on ISO centres, each with nominal +/-15dB of gain. Positive centre-detent on 45mm long-throw precision faders.
• HP Filter: Sweepable high pass filter, frequency adjustable from OUT (flat) up to 250Hz.
• LF Contour: Smooth shelving filter, +/-6dB of gain at 50Hz
• HF Contour: Smooth shelving filter, +/-6dB of gain at 14kHz.
• GAIN: Used for overall unity gain adjustment. Adjustable from - infinity to +10dB.
• CLIP: Triple-point clip detector that indicates red when the internal signal is clipping at any one of three critical points.
• LED Meter: Shows output signal level (input signal when eq is bypassed) from -24dBu to +18dBu in 8 steps.